Saturday, April 25, 2009

Padova Verona. Venice. P1 easter trip

So it has been a week now since Italy, except it feels like yesterday. So I am not going to write every single detail about my trip as I am sure you don't want to know what I wore, what I ate etc.

So the first place we went to was Padova, which was where we had the hotel. If you have never heard of Padova, it is pretty much in between Venice and Verona. It has nothing there, but it was pretty enough, I mean it was still part of Italy.



^^ this here is the view from the river.
^^ this here is a church viewed from the river. I was going to go into it, but it was an hour wait.



We still stayed in Padova, but went for a day trip to Venice. That was pretty amazing, as I am sure you can imagine. However, the day we went the weather was just terrible! Everybody just got SOAKED. The places in Venice were truly amazing. To get there, we took a little boat along the river, however we couldn't take photos because of the rain on the windows. Then once in the main area of Venice we walked around and took photos. It was a walking parade of umbrellas I swear.





^^ these were platforms around venice, so people could walk on them where areas were really flooded.
If you can see, the floor is quite shiny as it had at least an inch of water on the ground.

^^ I really like this photograph. The water looks amazing agianst the blue boat poles and it
shows the type of transport they use as well as all the houses.


^ this shows how thin the streets of Venice are. Also how tall they are.



^here is another photo of the river and the buildings.


When we went to Verona, on the third day I wasn't really sure how it would go. I had never heard of it before but it was quite pretty. Actually very pretty. We went to Juilets house. (from Romeo & Juliet) which I thought was strange as she is a fictional character. However there was a love wall, where people from ALL over the world had written love messages. It was creepy when you found your name and it said like "Sarah loves ----" or something like that. I wrote "Sarah loves K&L" because I didn't know what else to write. :)



^^ With the Verona Area.



^^ The whole group of girls with the Juiliet Statue.


^^ Writing on the Wall. I didn't notice this until now but above my head there is "SARAH" written in big black marker.

^^ Outside a Building & Tower with Natasha in Verona.
xx. S

No comments:

Post a Comment